CASCA Women's Network 2021 Award for Student Paper in Feminist Anthropology ($250)
Are you a graduate student in Canada (or are you supervising graduate students with whom you can share this notice), whose work takes a feminist perspective and engages with gender issues?
Then please consider submitting your CASCA paper to be considered for the Women's Network Graduate Student Prize for this year's conference.
Graduate students in Anthropology who will be presenting a paper at the 2021 CASCA conference are invited to submit their papers for consideration for the CASCA Women's Network Award for Student Paper in Feminist Anthropology ($250).
This award was set up in 2009 as part of the celebration of the 25th Anniversary of the CASCA Women's Network. Its goal is to encourage research into gender and gender issues from a feminist perspective by emerging scholars in social/cultural anthropology in Canada.
- Candidates must be registered full-time in a graduate program in Anthropology at a Canadian university, or have graduated from such a program less than one year ago.
- Candidates must be presenting at CASCA 2021 (papers stemming from a presented poster can also be submitted)
The adjudicating committee look for papers that:
- Explicitly engage with gender, and clearly demonstrate that engagement in their treatment of the topic
- Take a feminist perspective, with reference to relevant feminist literature
- Are not merely descriptive and show evidence of original critical analysis.
- Should be sent to the CASCA Women's Network Committee member Dr. Heather Howard (email@example.com) for consideration by our award panel
- Must be received by March 1, 2021.
- Must not exceed 10 pages in length
- Can be submitted in either English or French
- Must include an abstract
- Must indicate the university at which the candidate is registered and their current year in the program
The prize-winning paper will be published (following peer review) in the Canadian anthropology journal, Anthropologica.
- Summer Entry Level Positions (students and temporary workers) - Parks Canada
- Heritage Presenter I - Parks Canada - Heritage Programs – Cave & Basin National Historic Site Banff (Alberta), Banff National Park of Canada (Alberta)
- Heritage Presenter I/Living with Wildlife Interpreter - Parks Canada - Lake Louise, Yoho & Kootenay Field Unit & Banff Field Unit- Visitor Experience